It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 14



Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.

John Milton

When we show reverence it means that we have deep respect for someone or something.  Reverence is profound awe and love. A reverent attitude toward God includes honoring Him, expressing gratitude to Him.

I do love nature and have spent many wonderful times in the outdoors over the years.  I’m especially thankful for the times I got to enjoy camping.  Being in the woods on a beautiful summer day gives you more insight to the blessings all around us than most could ever know.

My out door times now include a lot of porch sitting.  The porch sitting season is almost here again and I’ve got some work to do to get it all ready to enjoy.  Not only do I have a nice porch but I also have a patio on the sunny side of the house and I’ve already been able to enjoy a few really nice days out there in my rocker with a good book.  

There is a lot to see and enjoy right in my own backyard.


Pursue some path however narrow and crooked in which you can walk with love and reverence. 

 Henry David Thoreau. 



Day 6 of 50:   Show reverence for God’s creation by spending time outdoors. 


Porch sitting is an old fashioned thing.  Many now a days don’t even have a porch.  I’m so thankful, particularly at this time of my life that I have one.    Here are some Porch Rules that everyone should follow while sitting on the porch

Put your feet up
Daydream
Have a drink.  Take a nap
Enjoy the day
Relax
Visit with friends. Read a book
Listen to the birds
Watch the sunrise or sunset


Wonder is the attitude of reverence for the infinite values and meaning of life, and of marveling over Gods purpose and patience in it all



Today I’m thankful for 

1613.  for lovely fragrant flowers 
1614. for delicious aroma of my morning coffee
1615. for sweet smell of chocolate !  

If a man loses his reverence for any part of life, he will lose his reverence for all of life.

Albert Schweitzer

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhhh, THE PORCH. So many wonderful times are logged 'Out on the Porch'. I sure wish we had one.

But with Gratitude, I can remember!

betty said...

It is rare to see a house here with a porch, but I remember having one when we lived in Pennsylvania years ago and the fun we had playing out of it. I'm sure your view from your porch and your patio are great ones to enjoy the nature around you. Nothing better than sitting somewhere where there's a bit of warmth from the sun with a good book to read!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Enjoy that porch and patio. They bring solace, for sure.