It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 22, Book 14



Prayer for the Home

Peace, unto this house, I pray,
Keep terror and despair away;
Shield it from evil and let sin
Never find lodging room within.
May never in these walls be heard
The hateful or accusing word.
Grant that its warm and mellow light
May be to all a beacon bright,
A flaming symbol that shall stir
The beating pulse of him or her
Who finds this door and seems to say,
Here end the trials of the day.

Hold us together, gentle Lord,
Who sit about this humble board;
May we be spared the cruel fate
Of those whom hatreds separate;
Here let love bind us fast, that we
May know the joys of unity.

Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and let Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place.

Edgar Guest


Home and family are two of the most important things in my life.


Day 3 of 50 :   Use a special candle at family meals to recall the light of Christ.

I always have candles lit here at my house, but to have one dedicated to Easter will remind me over and over that  Easter is more than a Day, it is a Way.   A Way of living our lives differently as we make our way in the journey of life.  The real issues of life, love, loss, death, fear cannot be resolved by anything we can see, touch or feel. They can only be dealt with through hope, and the greatest symbol of hope is resurrection, our dear Lord’s  power to raise anything and anyone from the depths.

Remember: Smile

Wherever you go, look people in the eyes, and smile. It seems so simple, but a smile can bring light into a person’s life quicker than anything else you can do.


Today I’m thankful for:

1601. for daffodils and tulips bring a world of color to my door
1602. for automated car washes that save me a lot of work
1603. for warmer weather and sunshine giving me wonderful days to spend outdoors


Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space.  It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe.  It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished.  

3 comments:

betty said...

I like that having a special candle to remember Easter by; might have to do that here ourselves. Also like your advice to look people into the eyes and smile at them; I bet it will shock a lot of people; I think we tend to avoid eye contact with strangers these days.

Enjoy Tuesday!

betty

jack69 said...

SWEET, good entry and ideas. I love Edgar Guest, one of my favorite poets, his writings of home and house and life always stir me.

Thanks

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the quote on light. Had to chuckle about the car wash. I wrote a blog post on ours here, but haven't posted it yet.