It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 19, Book 14


The fasts are done; the Aves said;
The moon has filled her horn
And in the solemn night I watch
Before the Easter morn.
So pure, so still the starry heaven,
So hushed the brooding air,
I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings
If one should earthward fare.

Edna Dean Proctor


Today’s focus:

Give up giving up----hang in there!

Here we are on the eve of Easter and finally we are almost done.  If you’ve hung in there with me these 40 plus days during the season of Lent, I hope that something in my reflections helped you to have a more meaningful Easter.  I know they have made me realize what I needed to do more of and less of too for that matter.  It’s been a time of new paths, new perspectives; of renewal and hope.

Lent gives us time to think anew, to change our thinking and how we view life. Every day we get a chance to do better than the day before.  No one is perfect, but we have choices to make that can and will make our lives better.  Each day is a new day and a new opportunity to grow and learn.

Let go of the struggles and embrace your potential. Your shift in attitude will shift your life from the shadows into the sunshine.

Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.  

S.D. Gordon


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Sweet, you are a true spreader of the truth. Thanks and a VERY HAPPY AND JOYOUS EASTER to you and yours. We have Rain, but we have JOY!
Love from North CArolina

TARYTERRE said...

EASTER is always a beautiful time. ENJOY! Have a nice weekend.

Rose said...

Have a wonderful Easter!

betty said...

I truly can't believe we've gone through 40 days already! I have enjoyed your reflections, Ma, I know you spent a lot of time writing them, contemplating about them, finding poems or sayings to go along with them, and I thank you for that!

May you and your family have a joyous Happy Easter.

betty