It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 12, Book 14


A Woman's Thoughts On Life

Your secrets are safe with me, and all my friends. 

 I don't repeat gossip, so listen carefully. 

If I can't be skinny, let all my friends be fat. 

My idea of cleaning the house is sweeping the floor with a glance. 

 I cleaned my house yesterday, sure wish you could have seen it. 

 This isn't clutter, these are my antiques! 

If you don't like my attitude, call: 1-800-Who-Cares. 

Discover Wildlife!   Have Kids! 

Genuine Antique Person, Been there, done that, can't remember! 

Our policy is to always blame the computer. 

I'm not aging, I just need re-potting. 

Take my advice, I'm not using it! 

 Okay!   I love you!   Now can we eat? 

You know you are getting old when you stop to think and forget to start again.
Mom, I'll always love you, but I'll never forgive you for cleaning my face with spit on a hanky. 

I love to give homemade gifts ... umm, which one of the kids would you like? 

I have a million dollar figure -- but it's all loose change! 

By the time you find greener pastures, you can't climb the fence! 

This house is protected by killer dust bunnies. 

Every time I get the urge to exercise, I lie down till the feeling passes.

Author Unknown


Today’s focus:  Give up sin----turn to virtue.

the sin of greed  and the virtue of liberality

the sin of sloth and virtue of diligence

Virtue is like health: the harmony of the whole man.

Thomas Carlyle

Diligence is the virtue that tells us to fulfill our duties in life, even if they get to be tiresome.  The thoughts above are humorous, but there are also some that might be considered slothful or greedy.  

Generosity is a virtue that  overcomes the sin of greed. This virtue can involve donating money, or giving up our free time and talents for the less fortunate, or even giving our possessions away.  It is a great way to detach ourselves from the things of this world

Some of the world’s most miserable people have the most impressive bank balances. Despite their monetary net worth, they lack the riches of love and the gifts of joy that others gain from simple pleasures.

Never under estimate the value of all that you have.


Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.

Samuel Johnson

4 comments:

linda m said...

Love the Woman's' Thoughts poem. So true. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the WOMAN's THOUGHTS on LIFE. FUNNY. Charming. True.

betty said...

I too liked the Woman's Thoughts poem; I could agree with a lot of those points made.

I like the virtue of generosity; I have yet to meet someone who is generous who isn't always with a smile on their face; I think it goes hand in hand.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Love the Thoughts of a Woman - and so true!