It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 8, Book 14



To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old. 

Oliver Wendell Homes


Saturday, March 8th - Today’s Focus

Give up pessimism----become an optimist.

Optimism maximizes potential as pessimism squashes it.  Optimistic people are noted for their ability to see the good in most every situation.  Remember that while every day may not be a good one, there is something good in every day.

Optimists see the positive side of things.  I call it the BRIGHT SIDE. 

Today, I’m happy to say I’m celebrating being 70 years young.  There are many that bemoan the age they are.  They grumble and complain about just about everything from their aches and pains to the terrible changes in the world today.

Not me, I’m an optimist.  There are things I could complain about but I don’t.  I’m happy to be the age I am and so thankful to still be here too.  I figure the good Lord has some work for me still to do.  And I’m willing to do the best I can with His help.

The good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise…is a saying I learned from my grandmother.  

It is not my choice just how long I’ll be here.  I believe that it is His will not mine that decides that for sure.

Looking on the bright side of life is easier said than done sometimes, but it is there if you take the time to look.  Hope doesn’t come out of nowhere. Hope is the fruit of remembering and calling to mind the ways that God has got you out of the manure many, many times before. This is just one of the reasons why it’s great to be old. You’ve got a lot of experience to recall.

It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. 

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Happy 70th Birthday!! I hope you have an AWESOME day!!

jack69 said...

Imma kiss Oliver, if I ever see him! ahhahahahaha

You are right, looking on the bright side is not always easy, but ALWAYS possible!
Happy Birthday to YOU♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday dear MA ! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♥ ♥ ♥

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Birthday to YOU♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday dear MA ! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♥ ♥ ♥ and many many more!

Wow you are a young 70! And a Pieces like me.

sandie

betty said...

Happy Birthday Ma! I hope you have a great day and that the sun is shining! I like your attitude about the age you turned and realizing you are still here because God still has work for you to do!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and may you have many more.