It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 07, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 7, Book 14


Another day is dawning
Another day's begun
Another day to turn to God
And pray, Thy will be done

A day to slay doubt's dragon,
To know within your soul
That as you give yourself to Him
He'll bless and make you whole.

A day to live with purpose
A day to show you care
When others turn to you distraught
Confused or in despair

A day to share God's blessings
In quiet countless ways
That touch the heart with hope and joy
And brighten cloudy days

A day for sweet rejoicing
For gratitude and praise
Because His love enfolds you
Both now, and all your days.

Author Unknown



Friday, March 7th - Today’s Focus

Give up complaining----focus on gratitude.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 – Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ.

Stopping for a minute and thinking of all the great things and amazing people in your life will probably put any silly complaints you had to rest.

Be greatful for the things you do have, many in the world have nothing . Gratitude shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. Complaining only spreads negativity to others and increases it in ourselves..  

People who complain that they don't get all they deserve should congratulate themselves.

The simple act of acknowledging things to be grateful for can change our thoughts, actions, and mood.  Cut out complaining, and you're much more likely to see the world with optimism and gratitude

REMEMBER:

 When things go wrong, don't go with them. 

Elvis Presley 



7 comments:

linda m said...

I love your quote for today. It is so appropriate for me. Gratitude is something I try to practice every day. I still try every day to thank God for at least 3 things in my life. Have a great weekend. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh I have been struggling for a couple of days - I tell you this was just what I needed!

betty said...

I liked that poem and the scripture, Ma. I do struggle with gratitude, so I'm glad you are always reminding us to be thankful!

betty

jack69 said...

The second post today on Gratitude. I love it. I do try to be grateful for all things. Life is good, health is good so I am doubly grateful

Love from Chilly Florida, yep somebody left the door open again.
I know, I know and I am GRATEFUL THAT WE ARE IN FLORIDA!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Like the ELVIS quote.

JeanJournal said...

Gratitude sure can change your ATTITUDE ~ and ATTITUDE is everything~~~WE CAN CHOOSE to appreciate God giving us another day and be happy and obedient to teachings of the Bible KJV ~ the older we get the more we don't want to waste a minute of not having JOY IN OUR DAY and being a blessing!~~~~~JeanJournal

Rose said...

Love the quote from Elvis!