It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 6, Book 14


I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.  I have responsibilities to fulfill today.  I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or... I can be thankful the grass is getting watered for free. 

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or... I can be glad my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste. 

Today I can grumble about my health or... I can rejoice that I am alive. 

Today I can lament over all my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or... I can feel grateful they allowed me to be born. 

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or... I can celebrate that thorns have roses. 

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or... I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships. 

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or... I can shout for joy because I have a job to do. 

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or... I can feel honored because God has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul. 

I get to play a big part into what kind of day I will have!

Author Unknown 


Thursday, March 6th - Today’s Focus

Give up complaining ....focus on gratitude


Philippians 2:14,15 

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure…

We all complain and even if you argue that you are the happiest person in the world, you still complain sometimes.  Sometimes we complain without even realizing it, but rarely is it ever helpful.   I used to get caught up in what I didn't have, but now I try to focus on what I do have. 

Today I’ll be looking on the bright side and counting all the blessings in my life.  Being grateful for them is something I do every day.  When you count your blessings you quickly forget what ever you thought you had to complain about.  

The most important thing is to find JOY in your life!  Joy, laughter, happiness and love create a positive and positive feeling.  Being grateful for what I have makes me very happy indeed.

Note:  When I first made up my mind to focus on this list of things I’m striving to give up for Lent, I thought it would be easy but as I’m jumping ahead to write a post for each day, I’m discovering that there will be many subjects that will over lap and I will probably be repeating more than one time my thoughts on a certain subject, so please forgive me if these days ahead are repetitious. 

6 comments:

linda m said...

Excellent post this morning. I really need to be reminded to be grateful. this winter has gotten me done a lot and staying positive has been very hard. So as Lent starts I am striving to be more positive and your list was just the thing I need to help me. So thank you and God bless you.

jack69 said...

We like 'em the way they come, it is real that way.
I like the idea. (The poem is very appropriate)
Love from the rainy state today...

Joyful Days said...

Oh how I am blessed. But why is it so hard to remember? I had this conversation about seeing the glass half empty or half full with my son the other night.

Thank you for such good thoughts!

TARYTERRE said...

I really like the poem at the beginning of your blog post. I grumble about health a lot, but I know I should rejoice in being alive.

JeanJournal said...

Life is how we look at it~~seeing the glass full or hakf full~~~~~WONDERFUL thoughts today and every day~~JeanJournel

betty said...

I think it is good if you have posts that over lap or thoughts that overlap, Ma! We all need that sometimes gentle reminder of things we need to work on in our own lives; I know I need to be more grateful and less complaining!

betty