It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 31, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 31, Book 14


Lord Forgive Me When I Whine

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair.
I envied her, she seemed so gay, and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch. But as she passed, a smile.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me, I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, I'm blind.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play. He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said, Why don't you join the others, dear?
He looked ahead without a word. And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two ears, the world is mine.
With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I'd know.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

Author Unknown


Today’s Focus:

Give up pettiness----become mature.


I think a sign of maturity is that you can say you are sorry when you know that you’ve done something wrong.  Saying we are sorry is often a very difficult thing to do.  We might feel sorrowful in our hearts but actually saying it out loud to the person we’ve wronged isn’t easy at all.


The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.  

Max Lerner


Admitting that you are wrong, is to admit that you are wiser today than yesterday. 


7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Apologizing is a difficult thing to do, no doubt about it. I really believe Mr. Lerner's quote, "The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt." And that includes whether someone apologizes to you or not.

linda m said...

What a beautiful poem; makes you really think. Forgiveness is something I have finally learned to do and saying I'm sorry goes right along with that. It took me a long time to realize how forgiving God is and since I have accepted Him as my Savior I now can forgive others and say I am sorry to others as God forgives me no matter how sinful I may be. Blessings

Joyful Days said...

Good words. A lesson I've worked on. It is important to me to admit my mistakes, especially to my husband and children and say, "I was wrong. I'm sorry." Hard, but important.

jack69 said...

Love this one MA. A great story in a few words. Knowing how to apologize is an art in itself.
Looks like sun in South Georgia...

betty said...

I liked that poem about whining; there is always someone more unfortunate than us. It truly is true Ma that it is a sign of maturity to admit one is wrong. I find too the sooner I admit that I was wrong, the easier it gets to admit it the next time. I hope the last day of March is a good one for you!

betty

Hollie said...


Beautiful story and so true!! We take for granted things so often. It's nice to be reminded how blessed we are!!

Jean said...

A beautiful poem.MA.