It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 28, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 28, Book 14


No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy the sunlight today, mix good cheer with friends today, enjoy it and bless God for it. Do not look back on happiness - or dream of it in the future. You are only sure of today; do not let yourself be cheated out of it.

Author Unknown


The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; theyare new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22,23

Todays Focus:  Give up negativism----be positive.

This is one subject I could go on and on about.  I’ve been there and done that.  I do know how much more meaningful life becomes when you stop being negative.  Being a positive person is something I think we all work at.  It’s like learning something new every day.  Just about the time we think we have it licked, something will happen to make us forget that there is anything positive in our life. 

But if we have developed a way to keep our thoughts positive, then it won’t be long at all before we can bounce back.  I like to think I’m a flexible person, but in so many ways I’m a person of routine and  habit.  I have certain ways to start each day.  I do my morning devotionals and prayers, I do my blog entry for the day, I send  off an email to my family and my friends,  I have a least two or more cups of coffee and if I’m very lucky I’ll even have a donut.  If this routine gets off track, then it seems my whole day is off.   Our routines give us the foundation to help us adjust when things go wrong.

Even when I worked I get up and extra hour before I actually needed to just so my day would start off right.  Now not all routines are good, sometimes we need to change things around to make them better and sometimes, no matter how hard we try, there will be interruptions to our routines and the day begins before we are ready.

There's a saying, good habits are hard to develop and easy to live with. Bad habits are easy to develop and hard to live with.  Life will always have lots interruptions to throw at me.  It may only take one frantic phone call or email to change our priorities… and then your plan is little more than a nice idea. That is just how it works, but the trick is not to let it get us down  We should always have a contingency plan. That is where flexibility comes in.


Remember: the only way to fail is to quit

Just keep on going and do your best, nobody can ask for more than that.  

One measure of how creative you are is how you respond to changes in your circumstances and environment. How flexible are you? Consider how water adapts to its environment: evaporation, condensation, snowflake, melting, flowing, goes around rocks, fills containers, etc. 

Author Unknown

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I do need to work on being more positive indeed. I love the thought about water and how it adapts to it's surroundings. Great entry as always!!

linda m said...

Great entry today. I try to think positive thoughts every day. and when something upsets these positive thoughts I have a hard time getting back on track. But I am getting better at it all thanks to God and my faith in Him. They say the over 50 crowd seems to like routines.I have a routine - like you - that I follow. And if something upsets my routine my whole day is shot. Must be a sign I'm in the over 50 crowd; way over 50 I would say. Have a great weekend and God Bless you.

peggy said...

I haven't been very positive this winter I am afraid. I will regret it when spring is made more beautiful by snow and cold.

Joyful Days said...

Contingency plan...I tell my boys that. Have your plan, then a back-up plan and another back-up plan...Me? I like my morning routines, too.

TARYTERRE said...

I like that quote you placed at the end of your post. "The only way to fail is to quit." So true.

jack69 said...

Hey, I gotmy morning (afternoon) smile just from the top picture. Love it.

as always, wisdom from MA>

I always TRY to have the alternate plan. Most of the time it works.

Love from Georgia.

betty said...

I too have my morning routines, Ma, but can be flexible when I need to. I continue to agree about being positive over negative, I just need to adapt that more into my life :)

betty