It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 26, Book 14



A little boy was having difficulty lifting a heavy stone. His father came along just then. Noting the boy’s failure, he asked, Are you using all your strength?

Yes, I am, the little boy said impatiently.

No, you are not, the father answered. I am right here just waiting, and you haven’t asked me to help you.

Author Unknown

Todays Focus:  Give up negativism----be positive.

We all have days when we desperately need help and are afraid to ask for it.  I know that here at my house it’s impossible for me to do it all.  Whether I have to ask for help from one of my family for from a repair man, there are many times I need help.  It’s not a sin to ask for help.  

Somethings though cannot be handled by any other person and that’s when I have to turn to prayer.  I cannot fix a lot of things, but I do a pray a lot and ask for help.

Not every thing in life will go the way we want, we need to accept that too.  Sometimes things won’t be fixed at all the way want, but that’s no reason to think you’ve failed or that anyone else has failed.  I do believe that everything has a purpose, a reason for happening and sometimes that reason is just to make us stronger.  I call it faith development.

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grievances which we endure help us in our marching onward.

Henry Ford

4 comments:

linda m said...

We all need help at one time or another. It is the asking for it that is hard for me sometimes. However, I have learned to start asking God for help whenever I need His help - this I am grateful for. Blessings

jack69 said...

What a neat thought. More strength than we know!
Heading up the Road today. Enjoy the sunshine....

TARYTERRE said...

Asking for help is always difficult for me because there is nobody that usually can come to my rescue. But I LOVE that quote about the father and son.

betty said...

I think that is a great term with faith developing, Ma! So true that it is a sin not to ask for help. While I like to be as independent as I can, I do realize it is sometimes important to take help from someone especially when there are offering it.

betty