It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 24, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 24, Book 14


Todays Focus:  Give up hatred----return good for evil.

Luke 6:27 

But I tell you who hear me; Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

One time in my long ago past, we had some terrible neighbors…we prayed for them every night.  Actually we prayed that they would move away.  

That is a bad example of what could be a good one.  Praying for our enemies is a good thing to do.  We can pray that they have a change of heart.  We can pray that whatever had made them an enemy changes.  

Praying for our enemies is just like praying for anyone else.  We should pray for their change of heart and that they will be open to God’s grace. Short and sweet.

When praying for our enemy, we begin to take an interest in their spiritual well being. We begin to see our enemy as a fragile human being, created in the image and likeness of God who has faults just like we all do.  They are our brothers and sisters and deserve our love and forgiveness, just as God loves and forgives us.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer. 

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I think all of us at one time or another have had neighbors we wished moved.

linda m said...

I just read a devotion yesterday that said we should bless our enemies not curse them. I have had bad neighbors and I too prayed they would move. Now I know I should have prayed for them instead of against them. Blessings

jack69 said...

What a beautiful take on that scripture. U B Sweet!

betty said...

I think the natural response is to pray that the situation we don't like would leave, as in the case of your neighbors, instead of praying how God wants us to either minister to someone or how we can learn from situations like this. I think as we continue to walk with Jesus, we do learn to turn our prayers a different focus for how he would want us to pray and act.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful scripture for me today -thank you. sandie

JeanJournal said...

Life is fragile,handle with prayer~~~now aint that the TRUTH~~Blessya dear ma~~~JeanJournal