It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 20, Book 14


Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.

Og Mandino



TODAY’S FOCUS:

Give up bitterness----turn to forgiveness.

Ephesians 4:31 

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

Bitterness comes when you hold onto hurt and refuse to forgive the person who hurt you.  Bitterness can start out as something so small that we don't even notice it. This is one of the reasons that forgiving others is so important.  You don't forgive someone for their sake; you do it for your sake so you can be free of it.

As hard as it may be for you, the best choice is to forgive and give it to God.  When you forgive, you don't change the past, but you can change the future


Patience is counting down without blasting off. 

There are people who have been sick for an extended period of time and have the most beautiful attitudes. They never complain, are not grouchy, but there are also people with the same circumstances who talk only about their illnesses, medical appointments, and how hard it all is for them. They are easily offended, bitter, and resentful. 

Every situation in life requires making a decision about how we are going to respond.  I often say, I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be.  I am still learning, but at least I know the importance of managing my emotions.  Don’t let circumstances defeat you before you even try to conquer them.  


The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. 

Author Unknown



6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love the Mandino quote. And I agree smiling is contagious.

linda m said...

Good topic this morning. I was once told that a smile can be heard in your voice as well as seen on your face. So lets all remember to smile. Blessings

jack69 said...

I like the better not bitter! fits...

Cool but sunshine here today..

betty said...

Bitterness is one of those roots that takes a little bit to get implanted, but once it does, it keeps growing and spreading unless someone is willing to do the work of digging it up.

I do agree with your thought about some people being sick and you never know they are sick or how sick they are and others with just a little ache and you think they were dying with the way they carry on about it. So true too that every situation in life requires making a decision; good to always think positively when making such decisions.

Happy 1st day of spring!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I like today's topic and I totally agree. Happiness comes from within - if you try. Have a good day!

Carol Z said...

It's all in the attitude, and it's gotten easier as I've gotten older. I didn't think it would be that way, but I have made a decision to be thankful and whenever possible surround myself with others who have a grateful attitude. Have a great Friday!