It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 2, Book 14




I wonder if the sap is stirring yet,
If wintry birds are dreaming of a mate,
If frozen snowdrops feel as yet the sun
And crocus fires are kindling one by one:
Sing robin, sing
I still am sore in doubt concerning Spring.

Christina Rossetti 



I don’t quite remember where I found these graphics with the robins.  But they have always been some of my very favorites and I do thank whoever created them.  I’ve been blogging for a long time now and when I first began, graphics like this were the way to go.  More than not, I usually share real life pictures any more.  But I felt these were more appropriate for today’s post.


The days counting down till Spring are getting fewer and fewer now, but seriously even when Spring comes we will still have cold weather and chances of snow.  Some years April has even brought snow to our part of the country.  We will be seeing less of it and more sunshine, but we’ll also see some gloomy snowy cold days too.



The robin’s cheery song always does remind me to Cheer Up!  Cheer Up.  So I’ll leave you all with that happy thought today!  Cheer Up!  Cheer-a-lee; Cheer-ee- o

5 comments:

jack69 said...

You picked a good poem to open. I have never read that one. Yeah I agree the Robin identifies this post. I was noticing the weather your way I told Sherry MA might 12 inches more, but glad to hear you did not. And as the poem hints, I'm a little concerned about spring for the northern part of our country.

Love the robin's song also...

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Reading your post has cheered me up! I liked the quote, nice verse.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE your graphics. Your robins cheered me up. That and the fact the 9 inches of snow predicted was actually only 3.

betty said...

The robin graphics are a good one for the spring days ahead! I do remember graphics like these; they sure have changed over the years of blogging indeed!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I put Proverbs3 onfacebook~~~and verse 5 lets us know that wecan RELAX~~~GODIS IN CONTROL!~~~stay warm ma and thanks for your blog~~LOVE IT!~~~JeanJournal