It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 14



Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.

Sarah Ban Breathnach


Today’s focus:

Give up discouragement----be full of hope.


We are a bit encouraged here as most of the snow is gone for now, but I do remember having a big snow on March 25th last year so I’m not holding my breath.  Today’s pictures show the roller coaster ride we had in the weather last week.  We saw some melting then some snow then some more melting.  Temps got up in the 50’s and dipped some nights to the single digits.  

When adversity strikes, don't get down, except on your knees.

As I’ve been on the subject of hope for awhile now, I couldn’t move on with out mentioning prayer.  There is much power in prayer.  It is a force that we can all use at any time.  As a matter of fact there are many days it seems I’m in constant prayer.  I’m not bragging,  I’m just stating a fact.  There are so many things to pray about and so many that need our prayers.

Smile every chance you get.
Not because life has been easy,
perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated,
but because you choose to be happy
and grateful for all the good things you do have
and all the problems you know you don’t have.

Author Unknown


One of my favorite ways to pray of course is giving thanks.  We must remember to give thanks to the One that gave us  all those blessings.  

 It has been said that, Seven days without prayer, makes one weak.  It’s true!  When I am weak, it is in prayer that I find my strength.  I couldn’t ever imagine going 7 days, one week, without prayer.

You've gotta have hope.  Without hope life is meaningless.  Without hope life is meaning less and less.  

Author Unknown

7 comments:

linda m said...

I never under estimate the power of prayer. I have seen It's power too many times to pooh pooh It. Many times I have spent an entire day on my knees praying. Great topic. Blessings

jack69 said...

Neat Wit. Never get down except on your knees, Great Advice.... sometimes hard to follow, but still the best advice...
Hope you see SPRING soon!

betty said...

The Bible does say to pray unceasingly. I like that comment "expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways". Shows us not to limit God by what we ask for and expect he could give us the impossible if it is his will. Glad to hear the snow is melting; let's hope no more come your way this season!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

"Hope springs eternal." And for good reason.

Chatty Crone said...

I really did enjoy that Pam - spend time on your knees.

Chatty Crone said...

I really did enjoy that Pam - spend time on your knees.

Carol Z said...

I've learned to pray more as the years have gone by. I've never counted the number of times in a day that I pray, but I might try it. Wishes for a wonderful Wednesday.