It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 13, Book 14



Psalm 23

God's loving care for the psalmist is portrayed under the figures of a shepherd for the flock

The Lord is my Shepherd ----- that's a Relationship!
I shall not want ----- that's Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures ----that's Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters -----that's Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul ----- that's Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness --that's Guidance!
For His name sake ----- that's Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death--that's
Testing!
I will fear no evil ----- that's Protection!
For Thou art with me ----- that's Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff comfort me -----that's Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine
enemies------that's Hope!
Thou annointest my head with oil ----- that's Consecration!
My cup runneth over ----- that's Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my
life----that's Blessing!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord -----that's Security!
Forever ----- that's Eternity!


Trust is letting go of needing to know all the details before you open your heart. 

Author Unknown


Today’s focus:

Give up worry----trust Divine Providence.


Bravery can mean acting boldly and fearlessly, but it can also mean trusting God’s will in my life even when I don’t know where that might lead. Like the skydiver who surrenders bravely to a free fall, as we trust in God, we can be assured our parachute will open.

We can easily find reasons to take life seriously, but we can also make the conscious choice to live more lightheartedly, to love a little more and stress a little less.

We could all benefit from taking time to allow ourselves to breathe and live in the moment.  Because that’s what life is all about, the beauty of the moment.   Those who live in hope and faith remember the bigger picture and focus on how great God is. This isn’t about living in denial. We need to take charge ofour negative feelings and deal with them. But the trick is to not get stuck there

When you live in the moment, you don’t worry about the past or the future.  God gives us each day our daily bread and if we believe that he will provide for us, then there should never be a need for worry.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.  

Glenn Turner


Constant worry is like a little worm inside an apple.  You can’t see the worm; you only see the apple. Yet, it is in there wrecking havoc on the sweet, delicious pulp.  It renders the apple rotten, and if it is not taken care of by eliminating it, then it continues to eat away at all the apples in the same barrel, doesn’t it. 

Divine Providence is good, constant, and just. It watches over even the humblest and most despised of creatures on earth.  It is ours to believe that all things work together for one great purpose.  We cannot alter it or change it. But it is our choice to trust or not.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

Luke 12:25

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I really liked what you said:
We could all benefit from taking time to allow ourselves to breathe and live in the moment. Because that’s what life is all about, the beauty of the moment.
*******************
Carl S. can always be counted on for wit and wisdom, I like him.

Good break down of the 23rd also.
A little chilly for Florida, but the sun is out... Stay warm..

TARYTERRE said...

I agree... "all benefit from taking time to allow ourselves to breathe and live in the moment."

betty said...

I like how Psalm 23 was broken down here; lots of great wisdom in it! I do like how God will meet our needs, we just need to try not to worry and like you said, live for the moment.

betty