It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 14


We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, that to secure these rights governments are instituted among men. We solemnly publish and declare, that these colonies are and of right ought to be free and independent states and for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor. 

Thomas Jefferson


Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 - Today’s focus:

Give up worry----trust Divine Providence.


Matthew 6:33

 But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

I’ll be writing my thoughts on this topic for several days in a row .  Way too often I let worry consume me and so I’m putting some extra focus on this point.    I do know that I’m not the one in control and when things go south, I’m not the one who can fix it.  I know that truly I do, but that doesn’t always stop me from worrying.  I have found though that prayer is a much more worthy occupation than worry.  

It’s one thing to say it, It’s another to do it. 

Every evening I turn my worries over to God.  He's going to be up all night anyway.  

Mary C. Crowley


I love this quote and it’s so true.  Turning those worries over lessens the burdens and gives us a good nights sleep.  It pays to give your problems over to the One who can fix them.  Along these lines I might also say that if you are worried about something, prayer works.  I’ve seen it happen too many times so I do know prayers are answered but sometimes the answer isn’t what we expected.  In any case, it was the right answer and very often it’s a good thing we don’t always get everything we pray for.  Lent is a specific time of focus to remind us of our frailty and weakness. 

Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up. 

5 comments:

linda m said...

I am a worry wort, and sometime my worrying totally consumes me. I try very hard to turn my worrying over to God and trust Him in all things. I do pray and sometimes it does help especially when what I was worrying about turns out okay. I am very interested to hear what you have to say on this topic for the next few days . Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I have been going through a rough time - this was good for me today! I need to look up.

betty said...

I like the Scripture Matthew 6:33; I think if we get our priorities right and not worry and trust God, we would lead much less stressful lives!

betty

jack69 said...

We miss men like Thomas Jefferson who had this country at heart.

One of the hardest things for us humans, is "Do not Worry!"

(Don't know how I missed this entry!)
Good one.

TARYTERRE said...

It is hard not to worry. Right now my daughter is in a horrible situation miles away and there is nothing I can do to help her. I am praying for a small miracle or guardian angel to head her way.