It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Chapter 3, Page 1, Book 14


Winds of March, we welcome you,
There is work for you to do
Work and play and blow all day,
Blow the Winter wind away.


Today is March 1st.  I said good bye to February with out a blink of the eye.  It was such a extremely cold and snowy month. The piles of snow haven’t diminished much at all this week..  I’ll be saving pictures to show you all till sometime next week as we are expecting another round of significant snow fall this weekend.  

Winter has been relentless and unending.  I seriously doubt that all this snow will be melted by the 1st day of Spring this year.  Still I’ll persevere in taking my pictures each day until the snow is truly gone.  Meanwhile I’m searching my photo album for pictures to share of flowers and sunshine filled warmer days.

One thing I’m sure of is that I’m not alone in this frozen winter wonderland.  There are many of us enduring winter.  Some have had it a little milder, others have found it bitterly harsher.  

I remain eternally hopeful...

If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?


 Percy Bysshe Shelley 

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhhh flowers, the smiles of nature. The breath of spring is hiding just below the surface and WILL soon show it's beautiful face.

A bright spot on the internet. Nice to visit you young lady!

Rose said...

Wow, can't believe it is March already.

I guess I'm lucky to be able to see flowers, palm trees and sunshine almost every day here in Florida!

But, I do love going to Boston to visit my family. I do enjoy the colder weather. Not below zero but colder and not with all the humidity like we have here.

betty said...

I do remember when we lived in Montana, we would wonder when some of the snow would be melted, especially in the parking lots when they would pile all the snow into a big pile. Often it wasn't until April that those piles would be completely melted, which was funny because of the big piles was right by an ice cream shack that would open from April through October, so you would be lined up for ice cream looking at a pile of snow :)

Winter has truly been harsh for you all this year! I can only hope it doesn't repeat itself next year and that the spring and summer and fall ahead are long seasons that make up for the polar vertex affect!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

We're expecting 9 inches of snow. LOVED seeing your pretty flowers to take my mind off it.

JeanJournal said...

MARCH 1 and HOORAY~~~THAT SPRING ALWAYS COMES AFTER WINTER~~~so lets just keep smiling ANYWAY and be thankful for the day from the good Lord! as He cheers us on with HIS 'presence' because nothing is better than knowing HE IS NEAR!~~~I like what Jack69 said~~~that's pure poetry~~~God bless you & Sherry always~~~JeanJournal

JeanJournal said...

and GOD BLESS MA and ALL who comment~~~all ya'll bless me sooo much~~~JeanJournal

Hollie said...

I know you are so ready for Spring!! Hopefully it won't be much longer!!