It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 8, Book 14



Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tries, and a touch that never hurts

Charles Dickens

This is one quote I need to put on the refrigerator so that I see it every day.  It’s a good reminder for me to live a better way.

To have a heart that has hardened is to be stubborn and unyielding, to never forgive and forget.  Sad to say there are many that live that way.  I may not always understand why people do and say things they do, but I’m not perfect either so try always to keep that in mind.

Words can't break bones, but they can break hearts

When we are tired or under pressure our tempers can flare and we often say and do things we wouldn’t ordinarily do.  Controlling our tempers isn’t easy and I’m guilty of letting mine get the better of me.  Words spoken in anger can’t be taken back ever…best to count to 10 first or even 100 if necessary.

Be as patient with others as God has been with you.

To have a touch that never hurts I must remember that this means both physically and mentally.  We can hurt others in so many ways that it’s very important to choose our words carefully.  I’ve been hurt and have hurt others too. 

Love always seeks to help, never to hurt

One thing I’ve learned is that just because some one else treats me badly or in an unforgiving way, it doesn’t mean that I have to be that same way.  I have a choice, I can do better.

Always try to improve yourself, never to prove yourself. 


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh yes, that word I wish I had never said! It can NEVER be cancelled.
Good points and advice as always.
We were on a day trip to Sarasota today to visit an old friend from Maine. Her mom, in her 90's is my most senior reader and always wants to know when the next book is going to be published.
Always good to see old friends, also always good to be home.
Take care and stay warm.

I would bet you are one of the best about 'biting your tongue', when necessary. (smile)

TARYTERRE said...

GOOD words of wisdom, for sure.

betty said...

I like that "be as patient with others as God has been with you". I think if we put that upon our hearts, we would be careful with our words and our actions!

betty

JeanJournal said...



(( being patient IS A must if we want to bless others instead of make them walk away from us )))~~~JeanJournal