It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 07, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 7, Book 14


Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it.

 Marcia Wieder 

STARTING my day off with a prayer and a good cup of hot coffee is a great way in my opinion to start the day.  From there I can go up in any direction I choose.  

While it is true we are tired out and grumpy from the effects of this winter…we must never forget how precious each day truly is.  I’m especially thankful today that I have power, the heat is on, the lights are on and everything is as it should be.  I saw on the news that some don’t have power due to the last storm that went through.

It seems so petty that we need to grumble about anything. Joy in each new day is my mantra, my motto that I’m trying the best I know how to live. 

Essential for me are my faith, my family and friends and my home.  I can never say enough about how how thankful I am for them.


Our faith, our families, our friends and a safe, cozy home can get us through the grim times, because they also provide some of the most joyful times of our lives too.

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I must admit the winter weather has isolated me from the outside world and I've been upset by it. But you're right to say we should be grateful we have no power outages. This is true, indeed.

jack69 said...

SWEET. I like that, "Then I can go any direction I choose. True Dat!

Jean said...

We were so lucky last week with all the ice we had not to have a power outage. Here in this for south we don't see much of that kind of weather. My daughter told me if we did, to call the police and let them take us to a motel, I told her that they probably wouldn't have any either. We have central gas heat, but it want run without electricity. Maybe it want be too much longer before it warms up.

betty said...

I was surprised with how many had lost power; I'm hoping lots have had it restored already. Always true to be grateful, no matter what the circumstances.

betty