It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 5, Book 14


No winter lasts forever; no spring skips it's turn. 

Hal Borland

We are in the midst of yet another snow storm here at my house.  I’m taking it one day at a time.  No more do we recover from one storm, that we are hit by another.  A little bit later on this morning I’ll make an effort to clear off the walkways around the outside of my house.  We are to get more during the day so I may be out more than once fighting the battle between clear pavement and snow.  



I shuffle around in the early morn drinking my good cup of hot coffee and looking out the windows.  There is not much to see but the neighbors rooftops covered in snow.  The tree branches are laden with white fluffy snow.  Now and then you see some icicles hanging from a gutter where yesterday’s sun caused some melting.  By the time this storm ends we will more than likely see an accumulation of 8 more inches on the ground.



The good news is that I don’t have to drive in the mess on our roads.  Even though snowplows are out, they can’t keep up with it all.  On the TV I see many stalled in traffic as they try to make their way to work.  A few accidents have already occurred. Schools and many offices are closed for the day, but there are lots that have to report for work.  There is no staying home for them.

I’m hanging on with thoughts that nothing lasts for ever and this too shall pass.

Spring will come again.

6 comments:

linda m said...

We are experiencing snow again here also. It is getting very hard to keep ones spirits up this winter. My back and shoulders hurt from all the snow shoveling. Plus I have a driveway and the snow plow loves to leave nice messy chunks and piles at the end of my drive. Keep warm and safe. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I'm with you about all this snow. We got 10 inches last night. And you're right this too shall pass.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

'ma' here...just taking a break from round one with the shovel. Thought I'd let you know we've a foot of shovelable snow out there today. I'm not sure how many rounds it will take to get the job done...still snowing blowing.

jack69 said...

This winter has definitely been a tough one for you guys. BUT as you said, Spring will come, Snow & Sleet cannot stop it, It will come. And you will SMILE BIG!

betty said...

Wow still so much snow! I like your attitude that this too will pass, but I'm sure you are wishing it would pass sooner than later!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Dear 'ma' be careful about shoveling the snow and don't get too tired for some are getting sick and over stressed an the best thing to do is stay inside~~~don't get sick for at age in 60's and 70's and 80's we need to stay inside warm and cozy~~~praying for the Lord to be soooo present with you WE ALL LOVE YOU~~~JeanJournal ( Imogene Lewis ) in Calhoun Ga