It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 4, Book 14



Watches are so named as a reminder — if you don't watch carefully what you do with your time, it will slip away from you. 

Drew Sirtors

Time is such a precious gift and one we need to appreciate more.  I got to thinking about how much I value each moment.  I used to think in terms of days, now I consider each moment a blessing.  When days slip by so fast, it’s better to think about what happens each moment in each day.  So many times we miss out on small miracles right before us.   If our moments don’t stand for or mean something then soon our lives will be filled with regrets for things we wish we had done.



We’ve all heard the expression the kitchen is the heart of the home.  I know that I spend more time in my kitchen than anywhere else in my home.  When I think about all the meals that have been planned for and cooked over the years, I remember those that I fixed those meals for too. 

It takes a lot of ingredients to make a good meal.  My cupboards are stocked with staples that supply the basics of most of my recipes.  But those ingredients aren’t going to make a good meal unless I make them into something good.

It’s the same with our time.  We aren’t going to have the best of times unless we make them happen.  So true that we are all given the ingredients of time, but it’s up to us what we do with them.

Life is too short to be unhappy!


 Recipe For A Good Day

Take two parts of unselfishness and
One part of patience and work together.
Add plenty of industry.
Lighten with good spirits and
Sweeten with kindness.
Put in smiles as thick as raisins in plum pudding and
Bake by the warmth which streams from a loving heart.
If this fails to make a good day,
The fault is not with the recipe
But with the cook!

Author Unknown

Remember:  the key to a good life may just be living one good moment at a time

4 comments:

linda m said...

You are right - life is too short and we should be making the most of what time we have on this earth. We should never waste the precious time God has given us with being sad/depressed or just wishing for things we'll never/can't have. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

Too often we take the time we have for granted. We must treasure it for sure.

betty said...

I like the analogy of the ingredients in your cupboard and how they need to be mixed together to come up with something delicious to it; same thing with the ingredients of our lives to live good, happy, grateful lives!

betty

jack69 said...

Oh you are so right, it is not until the ingredients come together by the hands of the master, that delight is found.
Love it. Beautiful day in Florida we finally have the REAL Florida...89 outside....