It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 03, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 3, Book 14



Face a challenge and find joy in the capacity to meet it.

Ayn Rand

No matter what age we are, we all have challenges in our lives.  One thing I know, maybe two is that I cannot do much of anything without a little help and for the most part my help comes from the Lord.

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.  

J.G. Holland  

Here at my house I have a little brown bird that has become part of my decor.  She sits in my dining room and no matter what season it is she’s found a permanent spot here at my house.

This little brown bird is a reminder to me that His eye is on the sparrow. And I know God watches over me.  Brown bird gives me reassurance and hope for each day.  It’s a very comforting concept.

 Sooner or later troubles come to all of us We get sick, we lose our jobs, we have family problems.  These problems challenge us in untold ways.  It is the same for us as for everyone else. No one is exempt from the troubles of this world.


What people accomplish in a day depends upon the way in which they approach their tasks.  When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.  When we do our work with a
dynamic conquering spirit, we get things done.

Arland Gilbert

It is possible to find joy in meeting the challenges that may come along because I know I’ve got the very best kind of help.  No matter that every day may not be good, there is something good in every day.

That’s what my faith rests on, and it’s what keeps me moving.

Happy is the person who not only sings, but feels God's eye is on the sparrow, and knows He watches over me. To be simply ensconced in God is true joy. 

Alfred A. Montapert

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love hearing about your little brown bird and what it means to you. A wonderful concept, indeed.

linda m said...

Thank you for sharing your story about your little brown bird. Our help DOES lie in the Lord. Blessings

jack69 said...

The quote by J.G. Holland is worth some gold.
The sparrow, a world wide bird... methinks.
Love from the real Florida 79 here.

Carol Z said...

A great reminder. Sometimes I really miss in finding joy in the challenges. Thanks for a good reminder. Keep cozy!

betty said...

Good visual reminder with the brown bird, Ma! It is such a comforting thought to know our help comes for God!

betty