It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 23, Book 14


After some melting snow disappeared we discovered the daffodils are once again beginning to push up through the ground.  This picture was taken last year.  They are the very first flowers that bloom here each year and are such a welcome sight.



I may never see tomorrow. There's no written guarantee, and things that happened are history. I cannot predict the future. I cannot change the past. I have just the present moment. I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away, and be lost forever as part of yesterday. I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet. Be a friend unto the friendless, make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today may never be undone, and friendships that I fail to win may nevermore be won. I may not have another chance on bended knees to pray, and I thank God with a humble heart for giving me this day.

Author Unknown 

Thankful people are happy people, and happy people are thankful people.    And I’m still learning ...

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you should know that I try to be a thankful and happy person.  So today I’m sharing a few thoughts about thankful people.

Did you know that thankfulness stops pride growing. Being thankful puts the credit where credit is due.  We can thank people for things that they do and who they are, and that’s important and encouraging for them.  Humble people are happy givers who are fully aware and in awe of the grace bestowed on them. They know that God is faithful and they live their lives in that knowing.

When I’m struggling with feeling thankful to God, I try and think of just 3 things each day to be thankful for. It might be that I have enough food, or the weather, or something that happened that day. Thanking God for these 3 things every day is a way to nurture my soul.  When you choose to focus on the good things, you find that complaining and pessimism tend to leave a bad taste in your mouth,

I think that humility is the key to being a thankful person.   To see someone who is grateful is to find someone who is humble.  Be humble and don’t grumble be thankful instead.   Focusing on gratitude takes our eyes off of ourselves and puts them on God’s blessings and the positive sides to our circumstances.

Here is what’s on my thankful list today:


1433. for activities that get us outdoors in the sunshine
1434. for a few days above freezing
1435. for a cup of Christmas tea, a fruity and refreshing drink

4 comments:

jack69 said...

One can NEVER go wrong by being thankful. We are usually blessed by it.

Rose said...

I love reading your blogs.

You always remind me to be thankful as I can slip now and then and forget to thank God everyday for the things I do have.

Hugs, Rose

betty said...

I liked what you wrote about thankful people. Those are all good thoughts on how one should try to live their lives, especially being grateful for sometimes the things that are so obvious, the air we breath, water we drink, etc.; all gifts indeed from God!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I really love the poem... I may never see tomorrow.