It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 22, Book 14


For A Reason

Author unknown

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. Sometimes things happen to you and at the time they may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential strength.

 Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.

If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart to. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them.

 Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you either. You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life and then go out and live it.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  I don’t even bother to question the whys or wherefores in life anymore.  I’ve accepted that life goes on no matter what and think that it’s up to us to do the best with what we are given…or not.

I don’t know why our weather surprises us so.  It’s been going on this way since creation.  The weather men here give us statistics showing whether we are above or below normal for as far back as their records show.  There have been years when we’ve had more snow than this.  There have been days when it’s been warmer than today on this date and colder too.  It seems the weather will be whatever, whether we like it or not.

Still and all we do weather the weather and life goes on.  So much to be thankful for each day and that old saying I’m to blessed to be stressed does come to mind.

I’m am so grateful for those wonderful  people in my life that make my days worthwhile.  Life is meant to be a celebration of being together and that only happens when we are generous with our blessings.

I’ve been showing the snow here every day this week.  Quite a bit did melt, but certainly not all.  I think I’m going to limit them now to maybe once a week.  Today I’m showing you my little brown bird again and some more of my fake flowers.  

It’s Saturday already and another weekend is ahead!  Make it one full of wonderful memories !  It’s our choices that will make the difference.

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I know things happen for a reason - I believe that - but sometimes it would be nice to know the reason.

jack69 said...

I am in agreement with you here. Of course most times I am. This one has been proven over and over in my life time.

Love having the family, but it is very busy around here. hahahaha
Love from The World Of Disney!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I like FOR A REASON. Beautifully stated.

Carol Z said...

I ask why a whole lot less now. It really doesn't matter why to me, and I am more content with the world I have. This would have been inconceivable to the younger me. Hope you're having a great weekend.

betty said...

I like your little brown bird. I'm glad to hear bit by bit the snow is melting; now if only too much more does not fall down. I too agree things happen for a reason; wise for us not to wonder why, but just to accept and try to deal with things the best we can.

betty

Hollie said...

I really needed to hear all of this!! Thanks for that!! Have a blessed evening!!