It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 21, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 21, Book 14




Whatever our hands touch
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There is no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.

Wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.

May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
I felt your touch,
May they also sense the love
that is deep within my heart.

Author Unknown


What ever our hearts and our hands touch does leave an imprint.  Our touch and our love shows in everything we do. 

The rain definitely touched our part of the country yesterday.  The snow ordinarily would be washed away by this much rain but since we had so much, the pictures will show you that it is still here.  Now the forecast is for cooler days once more.  Maybe even some more snow.  The A word has returned in the long range forecast.  Arctic that is…

February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March. 


J.R. Stockton

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love the idea of heartprints. Very nice, indeed. Our snow didn't melt either from the rain.

jack69 said...

Yes your entry is so right, we do leave prints and others leave prints on us. I was just thinking of some very sweet folk who have left prints on my heart and life, and I am so lucky they did.

I bet some folk think Stockton was saying "There is a long time between Jan & march. HA!"

betty said...

So cute about those heart prints. Those I definitely want to leave! Do be careful out there Ma if it got cold after the rain so ice isn't on the sidewalks, etc.

betty

JeanJournal said...

We had a sunny and Springlike day ~~ hope the same for you VERY SOON and really enjoy the heartprints poem ~~ you find the best poetry that is such a blessingl ~~~ JeanJournalionl