It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 2, Book 14



Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. 

William Faulkner

Gratitude does wonders for your attitude.

Gratitude is one word you will hear me use often. It is one that can do magic when it comes to shifting your attitude. Making a list of the things that you are most thankful for is one list that really works!

What we are grateful for is what really matters.  Looking back at this list will renew you and energize you even when you are down and out and don’t want to do anything.

I have told you about how thankful I am and also about how I really don’t have much energy at all this time of year, but the thing is I didn’t put the two together.  I should know better…the answer was there right on my list… there is nothing that can make you feel more positive and resourceful than reading your list of things you are thankful for.

If you haven’t started making a list, you really should.  It is a list that renews and refreshes, uplifts and recharges!

My thankful list for today:

1370.  for fun celebrations in the middle of winter
1371. for beautiful shadows on the snow
1372. for chips and dip, a good snack anytime

Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. 

Seneca

4 comments:

linda m said...

Everyone should keep a Gratitude Journal. It works wonders. Blessings

jack69 said...

Grateful for all of the things I enjoy, Grateful for health and a wonderful wife.

YES, I am so grateful.

Grateful for places to go that will renew me (here), with ideas and pointers of 'Remembering the good and forgetting the bad.

Love from Florida...85 and clear. Beautiful church day.

betty said...

That was a great idea to read your thankful list, Ma. I'm sure as you read it, you remembered the things you were grateful for and a lot of that put a big smile on your face!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Being grateful is something we all should practice, I agree.