It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 19, Book 14




Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention. 

Greg Anderson

Most all my thoughts have been focused on the weather lately.  Here at my house we have had so much snow there is literally little room to put any more around here.  The snow has never been this deep before and today we are beginning to warm up a little so hopefully some melting is going to take place.  


I thought it might be fun to take a picture each day of the same view just to see how long it will take before it all melts away.  



As you can see we have a long driveway and a little yard.  The house is big but not the property around it  We have a city lot and there’s nothing much else you can say about it. 



We’ll see if it all melts before Spring gets here...

I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is. 

Donald Trump

7 comments:

linda m said...

I like the idea of taking a daily picture to see how fast the snow melts. Don't you just love not having any more room to "put" the snow. I have the same problem here in S.E. WI. Have a great day. Blessings

jack69 said...

Even the Donald can turn philosophical. I am sure it is hard not to focus on the weather when it stares you in the face every day. But as always, Things will change and the birds will sing, SPRING!

Love from Florida

peggy said...

That's a great idea! I might do that too. I don't remember any snow that has lasted this long. But I would much rather have snow than flooding basements. Have a beautiful day all!

betty said...

Good idea with taking a picture a day; lets just hope no more snow gets added to it and slowly but surely all melts away! Pretty though!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Hope your snow melts away. (mine too!) BUt let's hope nothing new replaces it. Love the picture idea.

Chatty Crone said...

Do you believe it is 73 today after two weeks of ice and snow. I have one tiny patch of ice left. Weird.

sandie

JeanJournal said...

It's been like Spring all day today and our SNOW was all gone in a few days~~HOORAY!~~You have a way of being positive in ALL situations and qre an INSPIRATION ALWAYS!~~~~~~~Jean Lewis~~( JeanJournal