It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 18, Book 14



Eight ways to be blessed.

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the land.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the clean in heart,
for they will see God. 

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God. 

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Yes, the Beatitudes are qualities we're called to pursue and I believe that if we live according to the Beatitudes, we will live a happy blessed life.  A beatitude is a declaration of happiness or promised blessing resulting from an individuals virtue or good deeds. We are happy because we have been gifted to live these things. 

While doing my usual daily searches for inspiration I found this other set of B’s to live by

Be grateful for what you have
Be mindful of what you desire. 
Be positive in your thoughts and conversations.
Be inspired…

Four B’s that will improve your life too.

If you're extraordinarily happy, you might describe what you're feeling as a B attitude.  I do feel very blessed today and most every day.  I hope all these B’s help you to feel the same way too.

 Live the B Atitudes and be truly blessed


5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I like the four B's. Words to live by, for sure.

linda m said...

Thank you for all of the "B" words. They are words to live by. Blessings

jack69 said...

B attitudes, I like that, U B something. Today again, I smile.
Thanks...

betty said...

I like the 4 B words and of course I like the Beatitudes. I did a Bible study of the Beatitudes a few months ago, it was very interesting!

Great advice for us to live the B Atitudes and truly be blessed as a result of it!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Sometimes I WISH I B U ~~~ U B VERY HELPFUL ~~~ (just one ma) ~~~ JeanJournal