It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 17, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 17, Book 14



Day by day, as the pages of my own life turn over, remind me that you write my name on the palm of your hand

Isaiah 49:16

Last year my oldest son and his family gave me a book.  Inside were pictures of all the camping days we had spent together.  I love looking through the pages and seeing all the good times we’d had together with family and friends.  I wish I had a book like that for every year I’ve lived.  One thing for sure, it reminded me of just how time flies by.  The grandchildren grew up right before my eyes.  


My book of LIFE would have many happy times pictured in it…but it would also have to include some sad times too.  The good thing is that there would be many more good times than bad.  I like to think that all my days good and bad have a purpose and being in the palm of God’s hands gives me the needed faith to be thankful for all the pages. 
 

If we think long and hard about it, our life is very similar to a book. As each page progresses, so does time.  I can just imagine my life as a book and treat this blog as a book as such, filling it in with more good than bad.  As I flipped the page over this morning to write.  This verse reminded me just how important today is.  Life is short and we need to fill our lives with as much love and good as possible.

5 comments:

linda m said...

My Book of Life would be filled with so many memories. Some good ones and some painful one! But love always managed to prevail and I wouldn't trade anything in my book for anything. It has made me who I am. I treasure my memories more than ever before. Blessings

jack69 said...

How sweet the scripture, and also this blog entry! NICE!

TARYTERRE said...

That sounds like a lovely book your family made you of your camping experience. ENJOY!

betty said...

What a great gift to have, Ma! And you know you can always look at it and remember the fun times of camping and how pleasant the weather was usually during your camping adventures! Very thought of your son to think of such a gift!

So true about our lives having the memories that they do and you are right, the good ones usually are more bountiful than the bad ones!

betty

Weekend-Windup said...

Book of sweet memories...