It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Chapter 2, Page 1, Book 14


It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.

Mother Teresa

To have a home is a rock and an anchor. It is something we all take for granted and not to have it leaves us completely isolated, uprooted, vulnerable and completely off course.

We often take our homes and the people that live in it for granted.  Day in and day out we go home and find comfort in its warm and shelter from the storms.  The people that live with us seem to be always there and ready with a smile or a hug.  But so often we take them for granted.

I’m not sure where I read it, but it was said that we should treat everyone as if it were their birthday!  We don’t have to give them gifts every day, but we can give them hugs, smiles and encouragement.  We can tell them how much they mean to us.  

Love blooms and grows when we show appreciation for those around us.  I think that when we feel loved and appreciated, we do everything better.  We want to do our best.

  I think this goes for the work place as well as for home.  I remember well one place I worked where your best was always expected, but never appreciated.  Not once did I ever hear a thank you or a word of appreciation.  Believe me, I was glad when I left that job.

Remember:  If you want the best, show your love and appreciation.  
 

5 comments:

Rose said...

Well said.

I also recall a place where I worked and I felt unappreciated and some co-workers were unkind. I, too was glad to leave that job.

Great suggestion to treat someone as if it were their birthday everyday!

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Mother Teresa is such a wise saint. I also like the birthday thing. SWEET.

Always a good trip to your house.

WE have Florida weather.. 77* & rising. That is nice.

Hope you are staying warm and will soon see the SPRING of 2014!

betty said...

I do have to agree, Ma, it would be hard to be want to work somewhere and do the work well if you didn't feel appreciated. A simple thank you or "job well done" means the world of difference sometimes!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you are so right - it is easier to love people from afar sometimes then to love them up close - they can drive you crazy. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Unfortunately you are right about those in their home. There is an epidemic of senior citizens being ignored by their families. We need to make a difference.