It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 9, Book 14

A picture of my beautiful lilac bush taken Spring of 2013

The bad news is time flies.
The good news is you're the pilot.

Michael Altshuler

As we begin a new year, we often look back and see just how fast time does fly by.  Many complain that they don’t have enough time and there are those that have too much time on their hands. 

I’m of the belief that we all have just the right amount of time allotted to us, but not all of us use it wisely..

If we don’t choose how we’re going to use our time, believe me when I say, others will choose it for us. There are also those that spend so much time doing for others, that they don’t spend any time on themselves and wind up wondering why they are tired, depressed or sick.

If you don’t first think of yourself, then you really won’t be much good for others.  Time is your most precious resource because you can make more money but you can’t make more time. So you have to understand the value, the preciousness of time.  Too many of us focus our lives on unimportant causes. Trivial Pursuit isn’t just a game; it’s a description of our culture. Most of what’s going on in our world today won’t matter in a week, much less for all of eternity.

Psalm 90: 10,12 

We can expect seventy years or maybe eighty if we’re healthy. Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.

Life expectancy is increasing and many live well into their 90’s these days.  But when I read this verse it hit me as I’m getting close to turning 70.  I want to continue to make the best use of my time. According to the Bible our life is just like a mist. Here for a moment and then gone. And how we choose to live it will impact us for eternity. 

 None of us really knows how much time we have left, but taking it one day at a time and taking JOY in each moment will make it the best year ever.


6 comments:

linda m said...

Making better use of my time is an area of my life that needs working on. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings Love your lilac bush!!!!

jack69 said...

Very thoughtful entry. I had never read nor heard that quote about me being the pilot. GOOD POINT by Altshuler. I like that.

Most of us could improve on how we use our time.

I agree with your post and it is a good one.
From Florida where we might be getting our weather back...

TARYTERRE said...

Making better use of my time is always an issue for me.

betty said...

I liked that quote of Michael Altshuler, Ma. So true for us to use our time wisely and to ask God to help us in our endeavors. Life does seem to go by incredibly fast. I've been doing lots of thinking about that lately, wondering where in the "heck" did those years go when I was raising kids. Then I wondered if I live for 30 more years, will I wonder where the "heck" these years went now that I'm in my 50s?

Beautiful lilac bush picture, Ma! I'm sure you will look forward to it blooming later this year!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I love this post and the picture of your lilac bush is beautiful ~ and yes we are the pilot of our time ~ Prayer changes things and when others keep us away from having joy in what we're doing ~ we must be loving to them as we remember that prayer changes things ~ THE ANSWER IS JESUS ~ ALWAYS ~ JeanJournal

Rose said...

I could make better use of my time if I got off my puter! LOL