It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 06, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 6, Book 14


The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given to him.

Orston Swett Marden

What is found has always been there.  Whether it is a baby finding its toes for the first time or the discovery of a new star…it has always been there.  It is the same with us.  The things we have, that have always been there, but not always evident, are the things that make us happiest.  Just like it's not what someone does for us that matters most; it's the very fact that they are with us when we need them that's important. 

The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

Henry Ward Beecher

Sometimes we discover that we need search no further than in our own homes and families or even deep in our hearts to find the every day JOYs in life.  

I thank you all for your comments yesterday about my blog.  I will be keeping it as it is for now with the exception that now and then I’ll try to add more snippets about my life.  I do write two blogs and I try to keep them separate and not repeat things that I wrote there on this one.  The link to it is found on my sidebar of this blog.

I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.

Elbert Hubbard

4 comments:

jack69 said...

SWEET. it is easy to agree and like this entry. I love the insight of folks like you. I also appreciate people like Henry Ward Beecher.

You are so right"What is found has always been there." The more one thinks about that the BIGGER it gets.
Love from here...

TARYTERRE said...

I really love the quote from Beecher. It's how I feel about such things.

betty said...

I too like the "What is found has always been there." I like to snicker a little when a scientist will discover something or an astronomer a new star and I'm thinking "God already knew it was there". I do look forward to the snippets you decide to share of your days here Ma, when you do so!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I love hearing from you too Ma! and you are a JOY with your daily words ~ JeanJournal