It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 4, Book 14



Thanks be to Thee, my Lord Jesus Christ

For all the benefits Thou hast given me,
For all the pains and insults Thou hast borne for me.
O most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
May I know Thee more clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow Thee more nearly.
Day by Day


Richard of Chichester

The prayer was adapted for the song Day by Day in the musical Godspell, 1971, with music by Stephen Schwartz

Day by Day


Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day


When asked what is in my bucket list and what resolutions I’m making for this new year,  this song came to mind.  So my dear family and friends this is what I decided.

Day by day

Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day

None of us are perfect and we live in an imperfect world and I do need all the help I can get.  

You already know my watch word for the year 2014, which is JOY.  This song has a very joyful tune and I love singing it. 


The best way I know how to live is truly day by day.

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

JOY is a wonderful word. My word is BELIEVE.

peggy said...

I didn't know that about the song. I always learn from you. Stay warm and joy is a wonderful word.

Hollie said...

I love your word "JOY!" We are at 33°. So we are experiencing a heat wave!! Stay warm!!

jack69 said...

Ahhh I am not much of a singer, but I like "Make a Joyful noise unto the Lord All ye lands."

Love from here and thinking JOY! to the World

Carol Z said...

Always (En)Joy visiting here. Wishes for a cozy weekend.

betty said...

Good philosophy to live day by day especially with our eyes on the Lord daily!

betty

JeanJournal said...

After the funeral of my son's sweet and prescious wife Ginger, last Thursday, We went to his home and when he went to bed...I knelt and prayed for awhile before I went to bed... thinking "Lord, she was just 58...why couldn't it have been me?...they were loving and kind to each other and I am sooo proud of how my son is comforting everyone...Ma, for 2014 I desire JOY also because a joyful person is HAPPY AND HEALTHY...Jean(Rome Georgia girl living in Calhoun...JeanJournal...LOVE JOY PEACE LONG SUFFERING GENTLENESS GOODNESS FAITH MEEKNESS TEMERANCE...against such there is no law...describes THE HOLY SPIRIT...KJV HOLY BIBLE