It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 31, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 31, Book 14


Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen, and the God of peace will be with you. 

Philippians 4:8-9



We’re blessed to be a blessing.

I talk a lot about counting my blessings, but when I read this verse in my daily devotionals the other day, I was given a new insight to it’s meaning.  We are to be blessings.  We can bless others.  To look upon what is just, pure, and  pleasing is commendable and thinking on these things will bring us peace.

It is way too easy to see the negative side of life.  It is easier to complain than praise.  It seems as though not enough kind words are spoken.  

Kindness and praise given to others is a blessing and if you’ve ever needed a kind word, you know what I’m talking about.

When we speak from our hearts, stand by beliefs even when costly, and choose not to profit from others’ distress, we can live more joyfully together, we can better experience a life of love and blessings.

We all have a choice in how we live, I want to be a blessing to others.


My blessings for today are:


1364. for DS#5 and DS#6, both artists in their own right
1365. for inspirational art on my walls
1366. for grand babes that delight me with their art

6 comments:

linda m said...

What a beautiful Bible passage. Thank you for sharing it and your insight on it's meaning. We are very blessed; we just don't always remember that. Have a great weekend and may God bless you.

jack69 said...

That scripture will do to live by. Think on these things (the good). Amazing how much good simple philosophy is in scripture.
Common sense is taught and when followed can definitely brighten our day.
Ahh we are sitting at 55* now. We should soon have Florida weather back...

Weekend-Windup said...

Beautiful words from bible.

TARYTERRE said...

This made me smile.

Chatty Crone said...

I had not thought of those verses for awhile - I copied and sent to myself. I have to remind myself to do that these days. sandie

betty said...

I too want to be a blessing to others, Ma. I do like these verses; something to think about and try to live!

betty