It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 30, Book 14


More on planting…

One night, a young woman dreamed she was walking in the mall and noticed a shop on the second floor she hadn't seen before.  The name over the door said, 'Your Heart's Desire'.

She crossed the store's threshold and was enveloped in a charming fragrance.  The store had a homey feeling, with shelves full of fascinating items.  A short, smiling dumpling of a lady was behind the counter.

What is it your shop sells? asked the young lady.

Just as the name implies, everything your heart desires! came the purring answer.

Oh!  I know what I want! exclaimed the girl, Peace, happiness, love for everyone, and...

Wait a minute, giggled the cashier.  You don't quite understand.  We sell whatever your heart desires.  But we don't sell the finished product, we sell the seeds  and you have to choose the ones you want to plant.

Author Unknown


I couldn’t resist the chance to share this little story with you all today.  I know I recently did a post on planting, but this one seemed so meaningful that I thought you might appreciate it too.

Sowing seeds is something we all can do.  Ways to make our hearts desire come true. The old saying that what we sow, we reap is so very true.  


Look around for a place to sow a few seeds.

Henry Van Dyke


7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I absolutely LOVE this story. We reap what we sow, indeed.

Hollie said...

Love the story!! True indeed!!

linda m said...

What a beautiful story. Reminds me of the song "Sowing The Seeds of Love". It is so true. Blessings

jack69 said...

WOW, you are so right, WE CAN plant. That is the 'HEART' to day for me. I always enjoy gleaning here at MA"s.

Love from Florida, still cool for Florida in the 40's but we will warm up......

Jean said...

Love the story and it's so true for me. I will be planting new flowers when we warm up. I think this cold has killed all of mine outside. Take care and stay warm. Jean

betty said...

So enjoyed this; I like choosing which ones we will plant. I think we need to make sure to choose wisely too!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I just put a quotation on FB Jean Lewis Calhoun Ga~~about peace, and happiness, and love after reading a few lines of your post, Ma OUR FIRST CHOICE OF THE DAY SHOULD BE ~~~TO PRAY! and Ma~~~we have OHIO WEATHER here the last few days~~SO COLD under 10 temps BUT THE SNOW WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! it is SLOWLY melting~~~JeanJournal