It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 03, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 3, Book 14


People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.

Author Unknown

One of my daily devotionals for New Years Day said that, for years, many of us have been making and breaking New Year's resolutions. Change an s to a v, and make a New Year's revolution.

That got me to thinking about how resolutions can be revolutions.  A revolution makes perfect sense as we begin a new year, for the complete revolution of the earth around the sun takes one year's time

Resolutions require more than individual resolve to become accomplishments.  And sometimes it takes a resolution to start a revolution. The resolution was made, but the resolve doesn’t last. I believe it just might be better find a way to revolutionize our lives. A sort of interior uprising against all that holds us back from being the best we can be.

We want to leave behind the habits and circumstances that make us feel like anything less than ourselves. We want to hold fast to what is good.

Remember:  It is time for a fresh start.  Begin to notice things in your life that you enjoy, that you’d like more of. 


Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.

Henry Ward Beecher

7 comments:

linda m said...

This was the first year that I heard about making a revolution instead of a resolution. I think I really like the idea. After all it is a new year so why not a new start. Keep warm and safe. Blessings

jack69 said...

Neat change in words delivered by the devotion. NEVER considered that of a minute. Now I will remember it for ever.
THANKS MA Good one again..... Stay warm...

betty said...

I love the revolution idea Ma! Time to shake things up a bit indeed! I also like we should be more concerned what we eat from New Years to Christmas. That is something I'm going to consider in this new year ahead!

betty

Hollie said...

I don't make resolutions but I try to do the very best I know how daily! I know you do the same!! Stay warm my friend!!

TARYTERRE said...

An interesting concept, indeed.

Carol Z said...

I've got a veggie revolution going. My goal is to eat healthy and include lots of vegetables. Day one -- today -- was a big success. Here's to 360 more! Keep warm and cozy.

Jean said...

Hi MA it's cold here this early morning I was just checking and its 28 degree out, cold for South Alabama. I'm way behind on blogging but trying to catch up. You take care and stay warm. jean