It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 29, Book 14



...and he will raise you up on eagle's wings. Bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun and hold you in the psalm of his hand.

Words from the chorus of the hymn ‘On Eagles Wings’

This is a beautiful piece reminding us that we are not on our own and that we are protected and looked after. We all have days where it feels as if we can't spread those wings and even if we do, we haven't the energy to hold them out.

Here at my house I’m trying to bloom where I’ve been planted. And for this winter anyway, I’ve been firmly planted right here at home.  No, being inside is not my favorite place to be, but sometimes we have to learn to be content just where we are.  I am thankful for my home and feel comfy and cozy here, but  I’d rather that the weather was warm and sunny.  Well, we have had some sunshine but it has brought little to no warmth.  I’d rather be outside basking in the heat and drinking my iced tea.

Energy is something I seem to have very little of.  I had two of my grandchildren for the day on Monday.  After they left I sat down in my chair and only moved to get myself a little dinner and something to drink.  I started watching a movie and fell asleep.  I woke up to see a different movie playing on the TV and finished watching it then went to bed.  I slept well through the night too.  A nap these days doesn’t disturb my sleep at all.  

No one can ever predict what today may bring to our doorstep. For the most part we do our best to just get on with life and we do best to adapt and get on with what has to be done. Life is filled with inconveniences. Our plans are constantly thwarted by forces beyond our control. The list is long and ever changing: Sickness. Conflict. Traffic jams. Forgetfulness. Appliance malfunctions. Rudeness. Laziness. Impatience. Incompetence and the WEATHER.  


Joy is a flower that blooms when you do.  

Author Unknown

Taking each day as it comes, I’m hoping that my energy and strength will return as the weather warms up, but if it doesn’t, I’ll try to remember that even if I can’t do much, I can still do something, which is better than nothing…and continue to bloom right where I am planted.  We can look at winter as a wait time, as a trial to be endured, or we can bloom where we’re planted and look at it as an opportunity to get ready for the next big thing in our lives, whatever that may be.   Who knows, today might be the start of something even better than we had planned. 

6 comments:

linda m said...

Since all this bitter cold weather has arrived I have lost most of my energy . I feel like I must sleep all the time. Do you think I'm part bear? Praying for all those affected by this cold and that Spring arrives soon. Blessings

jack69 said...

Imma tell you MA, that energy thing is one sided. The grand kids have an inexhaustible supply, and mine has got up and gone. LOL
Good read today, cool here in central Florida not out of the 40's and it is a moving day. Gotta get the water and elec. disconnected.
Love your way....

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I know what you mean about both the weather and that "dragging" feeling. And we even had two days out of work because of snow! I have so many layers on when I leave the house that I'm exhausted by the extra weight! Praying for spring (and I am usually a lover of winter) and a new burst of energy.

Chatty Crone said...

Pam I am and have been trying to bloom where I am planted too.

betty said...

You are doing what the Bible says to bloom where we are planted, Ma, I think that is wise of you to take your circumstances into consideration of it, especially with the cold winter you've all been subjected to. I bet with the spring when you can get out and do more activities, that energy will come back!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

A little nap makes the day go faster. It also brings a sense of peace.