It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 14


January is a perfect time for a refresh.

Kevin Sharkey

After a few weeks of just relaxing and enjoying a rest from all the busyness of December, I’m thinking it is time that I made some plans for what I’d like to do this year. The rest time would have been better had it not included so many snowy and below freezing days, but that is what I got and I dealt with it.  At least I’m still here and still dealing with it.


It is healthy to take intentional time and effort to refocus our goals and refresh our strength.  January is the perfect time to look within, to take stock of ourselves and our lives. It’s a time to be honest with ourselves and patient at the same time. It’s a time seek and glean understanding from our lessons of the past year. And it is often a time chart a new course or alter our present one.

It’s a time to consider what makes our hearts sing!  For me that means things that endure.  Things like my faith, my family and friends and my home.  It is a time for renewal and refreshment in spirit that we will not weary when it comes to giving our best.  I’ll be giving even more focus to gratitude, JOY, and hope these cold winter days,  Winter will not last forever and when Spring comes I want to be ready!

Hope is a wonderful thing, something to be cherished and nurtured, and something that will refresh us in return. And it can be found in each of us, and it can bring light into the darkest of places.

7 comments:

linda m said...

This month has forced me to take it easy and reflect. Placing priorities on things and just taking time to meditate are what I am doing now. Keep warm and safe. Blessings

jack69 said...

Oh yes and there are plenty days we need the light shown in some dark corners. HOPE can and will do that. neat entry. THANKS
Love from Florida

Chatty Crone said...

Okay - how in the world would one know what light is - if there were no darkness?

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

betty said...

Good idea to start planning what you want to accomplish and do in 2014, Ma! And perfect timing now with the weather the way it is when you have plenty of time to ponder it all!

betty

JeanJournal said...

well ma, today we got SNOW ~ and may get some more. 2 inches. Thank you for your good ideas about living alone and for sharing what you do to have JOY, ~~~JeanJournal

TARYTERRE said...

Hope is something to believe in no matter what else is happening in your life.