It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 27, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 27, Book 14


Want to see a miracle? Take a small seed, put it under several inches of dirt. Give it light, water, and fertilizer. It doesn’t matter that the ground is a zillion times the weight of the seed. The seed will push it back! Never underestimate the power of a seed...

Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heart deep in a person’s life. Nurture it with a smile and a prayer, and watch what happens!

Max Lucado, The Applause of Heaven

Many are thinking ahead right now and planing what they want to plant in their gardens.  Here at my house the gardens are pretty much already planted.  For the most part the flowers in the beds around my house come up here year after year.  Most everything we’ve planted only spreads and grows and my gardening work is thinning out and dividing things.  

I may plant a few things in pots that will grow for only one season.  Some colorful flowers or a pot of basil or parsley.  These won’t winter over here in our part of the country.  

But with the thoughts of Max Lucado in mind, I’ve resurrected  an old poem for today


Plant three rows of Peas:
Peace of mind. 

Peace of heart. 

Peace of soul.

Plant four rows of Squash:
Squash gossip. 

Squash indifference. 

Squash grumbling. 

Squash selfishness.

No garden should be without Turnips:
Turnip for service when needed. 

Turnip to help one another. 

Turnip the music and dance.

Plant four rows of Lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful. 

Lettuce be kind. 

Lettuce be happy. 

Lettuce really love one another.

To conclude our garden we must have Thyme:
Thyme for fun. 

Thyme for rest. 

Thyme for others. 

Thyme for ourselves.

Water freely with patience and cultivate with love. 

We reap what we sow -- you 'should' have a bountiful garden.


Author unknown 

7 comments:

linda m said...

I love your "garden". Think I'll plant one. Blessings

Carol Z said...

This just might be the day to go back to the grocery for a pot of herbs. Will be planting seeds in Blogland today.

jack69 said...

Lucado is wise.
And I have never read the OLD poem, but I like it.
We have an over cast day, our last warm one for awhile. BUT I see Spring around every corner, one day I will be right! (smile)

betty said...

Glad you reposted the poem, Ma, always a good one to have for a reminder. I'm sure in the next month or so, you'll start seeing some of your garden grow!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I love your garden too Ma it is sooo unique JUST LIKE YOU~~~stay warm and happy~~~JeanJournal

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that last poem. Was wonderful.

Jean said...

I'm thinking about planting some seed when it warms up. They're saying it could be snow and ice here in this southern part of Alabama tomorrow. I know all the kids around will be happy if it snows, but I guess I'm getting to old it doesn't excite me anymore. Lol. Take care.