It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 21, Book 14


Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things.  

Samuel M. Shoemaker

Most of us know the power of prayer.  There are few among us that don’t have at least one time in our lives when we’ve been the recipient of a miracle due to prayer.  But did you know that prayer is healthy for you too.

There are many that are looking for a good a good health routine at the beginning of the new year. I for one can recommend prayer.  The most important part of my health regimen is a good healthy dose of prayer  There is nothing that can release a feeling energy and renewal quite the way that prayer can.

When prayers go up, blessings come down. 

Author Unknown

Prayer is a great stress reliever and I’ve found that when I’m stressed out is when I usually get sick.  So prayer in a sense is preventative medicine.  Prayer changes us. It awakens us. Our eyes begin to notice beauty where we never noticed it before. Our hearts begin to feel compassion we never knew we had. Our priorities shift. As we pray, we receive the encouragement to live up to the potential inside us.

Prayer can lower our blood pressure. Prayer can act as a cushion when life throws a curve ball your way. My prayer life  keeps me grounded and gives me a sense of peace, hope, and gratitude in my heart.  Gratitude in my heart equals JOY.

Starting and ending the day with a prayer keeps me fit.  Prayer is like a daily vitamin for my soul.  A daily dose is good for all of us. By honoring our body, mind and spirit we become healthier and happier.  


I used to think the Lord's Prayer was a short prayer; but as I live longer, and see more of life, I begin to believe there is no such thing as getting through it. If a man, in praying that prayer, were to be stopped by every word until he had thoroughly prayed it, it would take him a lifetime. 

Henry Ward Beecher

5 comments:

linda m said...

Excellent post today, maybe one of your best. God Bless you.

jack69 said...

Prayer, one thing I was raised on. Love the end quote.
.... always a pleasure.Thanks

betty said...

I love that quote about the Lord's prayer, Ma. There is so much power in prayer, and so much good for our minds and bodies with it too!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

There is power in prayer that gives us strength.

JeanJournal said...

Prayer is the key to the Kingdom but faith unlocks the door~~~good words today, Ma as always JeanJiurnal