It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 14



Joy is the serious business of Heaven.
C.S. Lewis

As we enter a  New Year I like to think that Christmas  is just the beginning… the greatest gift that always fits, that never goes out of style, never wears out or breaks down or ever, never fails. That’s why we get to rejoice  and rejoice now, always. 

Here at my house the Christmas decorations won’t all come down until January 6th, so it still looks quite festive here.  Joy is my word for the New Year and I’m going to keep that in mind even when all the decorations come down and all is cold and barren looking on the outside.  

Winter is the hardest of all the seasons for me to get through so I’m going to be making every effort to find the joy in every day and keep a cheerful attitude.  Christmas wasn’t and isn’t just for one day of the year, but forever.  

5 comments:

linda m said...

I love your word for the year - Joy. Very appropriate. Winter is also very hard for me to get through so trying to always think positive joyful thoughts is a great idea. Blessings

jack69 said...

Joy is most contagious, like a smile.
Joy to the World, what a love.

Love ya.....

Hollie said...

It's a rainy dreary mess here!! I will be looking forward to Spring now! Summer? Not so much as I hate hot weather!!

betty said...

Little by little I see people are taking down their outside decorations as we go more into the new year and away from Christmas. Always seems so empty when they come down. One thing you can find joy in the winter is realizing each day brings a little more sunlight and a day closer to spring!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right about Christmas just being a day. I keep my decorations up til the 6th. My trees longer.