It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 16, Book 14



Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do in order to have what you want.

Margaret Young.


This quote got me to thinking about who I really am.  I am lots of things but first of all I am a believer. I am a church goer and a prayer.  I pray all the time it seems. I try never to look down upon some one else’s religion.  I believe there is one God that loves us all.

Second of all I am a mom.  A mom of grown children, but still a mom. No matter how old your children are you are still a mother.   Because of my children I am also a grandmother. I am a homemaker, and even though I’m the only one at home anymore, I still want it to be a place my family can enjoy too.  Faith family and home are the important things in my life.

I am a widow and have been for 20 years now.  I lost the love of my life to a massive heart attack. There hasn’t been anyone else for me and I feel blessed to have had this one love.   I was a office manager for many years.  I was the supporter of my family.  I’m presently a retiree.  I love having more time to spend doing what I love to do. Believe me when I say that I’m thankful for every day.  I’m a very thankful person.

I love nature, being outdoors and I love sunshine!  I am a reader and I love good books of all sorts.  I am a crafter and enjoy painting.  I am me.  No one else is quite like me and that is something we can all be thankful for too.  One of a kind, an original.  Not everyone is the same but we are all loved by the same good Lord.  I try never to think of myself as anyone better than anyone else.  We were all created to be equal. We all have the gift of choice and that is what makes us so different in many ways.

I think this aptly describes who I am.  I might also add that I am also human and have many faults.  I am also forgiven and try to forgive others too as the prayer goes…forgive others that I too might be forgiven.  Who among us is without some faults of their own.

I try to be an encourager and love to quote others and pass on uplifting thoughts. If you ever need a cheerleader, I’ll be there cheering you on.  I have been the recipient of others encouragement and I know just how much it means. 

There we have ‘ma’ in a nutshell.  

Every family has a few nuts in their family tree and I’m thankful it’s me.


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Well I for one like the nut that is in that shell! hahaha!
Seriously always enjoy a visit here. Positive is your name... And an appropriate one.
A little cool here in Florida, but the sun is out so it will warm up.

betty said...

I loved how you described yourself, Ma, and the blessings you have had in your life, as well as the sadness you have lived through. I know you are deeply loved in your family!

betty

Carol Z said...

Beautiful. I know you as a friend and encourager and I'm glad to have you cheering me on. Take good care!

TARYTERRE said...

You are a beautiful human being.