It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 14, Book 14


Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing child like appetite of what's next, and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long are you are young

Samuel Ullman

I received a lot of really wonderful Christmas gifts this year.  Some I needed, some I dreamed of and some where total surprises.  But one of the nicest gifts came after Christmas and that was the gift of a peace filled moment.

Taking a moment to pause, breathe deeply, and relax is a wonderful and free gift that can bring calm and strengthen us.  It is a wonderful feeling to know that all the preparations are done and were enjoyed and to just sit back and relax.  At this point I’m not even thinking about what the next big thing on the calendar or my to do list is.  I’m taking time to savor the moment. 

It's in the quiet moments where you reconnect to the peace in your heart.  I’m in no hurry to line up the next project.  I’m going to take a little time just to enjoy the moments of peace and quiet here at my house.  As the days get longer there will be more to do and I want to be the best I can be in order to do them.  

Winter invites to snuggle in and find joy in peace.  Or is it that we find peace in JOY.   This time of silence, it recharges me mentally, physically, and spiritually.  I have been  relaxing completely and letting go of any seeming need to try to fix myself or others. 

It is my hope at the beginning of this new year and the beginning of each and every day that Peace, Joy, Hope and Happiness may be yours .

May the God of hope fill you with all joy & peace in believing 

 Romans 15:13

5 comments:

linda m said...

There is nothing better than Peace. It is what keeps us going. I try to meditate every day just to regain peace in my life. Sometimes my meditation is just sitting in my chair looking out the window. whatever form it takes it helps me relax. Blessings May Peace Love and Joy fill your heart all year long.

jack69 said...

Always a JOY to visit here. today you made me smile with:
Winter invites to snuggle in and find joy in peace. Or is it that we find peace in JOY.

Good, and deep question...
Love from Florida

betty said...

I like that you have been relaxing compoleting and letting go of any seeming need to fix yourself or others. To do that, one needs to be joyful in their lives and I think you are achieving that just fine in this new year, Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right. Being able to relax is one of the greatest gifts of all.

JeanJournal said...

Just enjoying everything we are doing is JOY! ~~~ JeanJournal