It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 13, Book 14





There's only now…
There's only here...
Give in to love...
Or live in fear...
No other path...
No other way...
No day but today...
No day but today.

Jonathan Larson, American Playright
From the Broadway Musical 'Rent'

One of my sons recently told me that he doesn’t have any bad days, only good ones. That surprised me and delighted me at the same time.  His statement was JOY to my ears.  We’d just been talking about how there is always someone who has it worse.  There are so many that don’t even have what we have.  

We all have today, and what we do with it is our choice.  No matter our circumstances, today can be a good one if you decide to make it one.

The fact is that no matter how good or bad I have it, I must wake up each day thankful for my life, because someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.

Remember: Don’t lose hope that things will get better. Don’t give up, because there is someone out there who will make you smile in a way no one else ever could. Keep that glimmer of hope alive in your heart, because someone is out there searching for your smile. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.


You know what is the sweetest time of the day? It is when you pray. Why? Because you are talking to the One who loves you most.  

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I like the passage from RENT. Very uplifting.

linda m said...

Very uplifting post this morning! Blessings

jack69 said...

This is a winner. OH that cat, they make such great pictures.
It would thrill me to hear what your son said also. That has got to lift your spirits.
From central FL
Sherry & Jack
We are in the 70's today. Good to have the Florida weather back..

betty said...

That was neat what your son said, Ma; your way of living and how you raised him obviously made an impact on how he is choosing to live his life! So true for us to be thankful for our life every single morning we wake up. I know of several people in our church fighting different health battles, makes me very appreciative of my current good health.

betty