It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 10, 2014

Chapter 1, Page 10, Book 14


I’ve seen many posts on 365 days of JOY.  Many are taking a picture or telling about what their joy consists of each day.

Here on my blog, I’m talking about a year of Joy.The JOYs in my life are those things I count as blessings.  Every day I take the time to write down what I’m thankful for.  It all started after I read the book 1000 Gifts in November of 2012.  I’m now on my 2nd thousand gifts and continue to count.

Because I live life in the slow lane, my days may not always be exciting but they are alway joyful.  The everyday simple pleasures of home are often things you’ll find on my list.  Even when a day is not so good you can always find some good in every day.

Today’s JOY:


1301. for finding a sun puddle to bask in on a cold day
1302. for all the unique people in my life
1303. for my car, the little red hen started up just fine after a few days of below zero temps


May the dear Lord grant you a wonderful year filled with joy, and moments of happiness !!!
 
May your most used expression in the new year be a smile.
 

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

My car started too. Grateful for that and joyful too.

jack69 said...

Amazing as I look at the title, Already on page 10. Amazing isn't it? My jewel for today and thanks:
*******************
Even when a day is not so good you can always find some good in every day.
********************

Good one my dear!

Chatty Crone said...

I am enjoying your year of joy. But again the first quote or saying got in my mind. Happiness is inside- and it may not mean inside a building - but inside a heart that has decided to be happy!

Chris K in Wisconsin said...

Love the "sun puddle"! Our cats love to find those, too. And I so enjoy when you include your 3 Joyful things each day!! I look forward to that...

betty said...

I admire you for still posting and keeping track of your daily Joys, Ma. Always enjoyable to read what you are thankful for or what fill you with joy!

betty