It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 8, Book 13


Silver bells, silver bells,
It's Christmas time in the city.
Ring-a-ling, hear them ring,
soon it will be Christmas day.

Kate Smith

The picture today is from last year when two of my long distance grandsons were ringing bells as part of their scouting activities.  It’s always good to remember those in need this time of year.  These two with their bright smiling faces were sure to bring in some good donations.

I love the sound of bells ringing.  Christmas bells remind us of many things.  They resound with good news!  They give of feeling of good will and make us happy too.

The Joy You Give 

John Greenleaf Whittier

Somehow, not only for Christmas
But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing
The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart's possessing
Returns to you glad.

5 comments:

jack69 said...

It makes one so proud to see kids ringing the bells for charity.
Yes, I too love to hear the bells at Christmas time.

They seem to add so much to the season and the joy.
Thanks.

Chatty Crone said...

How nice that they are taking part in doing something for others. And kudo's to your kids for talking the time to teach them in this me generation! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I never pass a kettle without putting a dollar or two in it.

betty said...

I think that is nice the scout troop did this activity. I'm sure it was a good one learning about the needs of others and helping others in need!

We don't live in a city now that has church bells, but we have in other cities. I too enjoyed listening to the bells.

betty

Rose said...

I love every part of the Christmas holidays..........can't wait to be with my kids in Boston and hopefully see some snow!