It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 4, Book 13



I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know,
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow...

Irving Berlin


Memories of Christmases past do leave us with a warm feeling.  We all would like the kind of Christmas that is full of good memories. It seems though that if we have high expectations and hoping for a perfect Christmas, then we are in for a big disappointment. It rarely happens.

But if we can take each day as it comes. If we can accept the ups and downs of each day, embrace its challenges and setbacks, then we are in a very good place.   I’ve learned that taking life one day at a time is the best way to live.  It doesn’t matter whether we are preparing for Christmas or not.  Every day is better when we don’t worry about tomorrow.  

As my countdown to Christmas continues I’ll be taking it one day at a time here at my house.  Today I’m babysitting one of the grands.  This wasn’t on my to do list at all, but I’ve learned to be flexible.  I’m not going to worry about what else I didn’t get done.  I’m just going to enjoy my grandson and each moment of this day.  He’s too little to help bake cookies, but he does like to eat them.  Isn’t that what grandma’s are for… hugs and kisses and cookies too.


Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance - each beautiful, unique and too soon gone.  


Deborah Whipp

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Sweet Entry. Irvin Berlin has brought a lot of smiles and memories.
Down South kids dream of a white Christmas but SELDOM see it. Wee do have our Snow dancers and dreamers though.
Enjoyed this morning's visit.

linda m said...

A White Christmas has always made me smile. Taking it "one day at a time" has been my motto for a few years now. Blessings

betty said...

I bet you had a great day, Ma, looking after your grandson! You are so right to take it one day at a time.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

ENJOY your grandson. Loving that last quote on your post.