It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 31 Book 13


May joy and peace surround you, Contentment latch your door, And
happiness be with you now. And bless you evermore.

Irish Blessing

All is calm and bright here at my house this New Year’s Eve Day and I’m hoping that your world is in a peace filled state too.

I’m blessed that some of my family have joined me for this celebration as it’s very rare indeed.  One of my sons and his family have taken time out of their busy lives to spend a few days here at home.  I know it’s a sacrifice for them to do so and I appreciate it very much.  Many of my New Years Eve’s have been spent alone.  One year I redid my address book and another year I organized my recipe box in order to remain awake to see the New Year in.

That isn’t the case at all this year.  Who knows we may all fall asleep on the couch or in the chair we occupy to watch the Times Square activities tonight.  They say we have a chances for a heavy snow so they may be here longer than planned.
Thankfully we’ll be in where it is cozy and warm.  

I hope your New Year’s Eve is a cozy and warm one too.


Love and joy come to you... And God bless you, and send you. A Happy New Year,
 And God send you a happy New Year!


6 comments:

linda m said...

Have a very Happy New Year. Blessings

jack69 said...

Well well well, Nice to celebrate with family. Yes it is a treat as we get older and they have their own lives.
Happy NEW YEAR AND MAY LOVE ABOUND!

betty said...

So neat that you have your son/family to ring in the new year, Ma! What a celebration it will be, I'm sure!

Happy New Year!

betty

Hollie said...

I hope you have a Happy and Blessed New Year!!

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May you and your loved ones have a healthy and happy 2014.

peggy said...

I'm having an "alone" New Years Eve, but it is so nice and quiet and it is seldom that way around this house. I am visiting all my blog friends and wishing you a Happy New Year!