It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 30, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 30, Book 13



For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. 

 Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is one of the best pieces of advice I’ve read  lately.  I don’t know if when the quote was made it was meant to be advice or just a statement but I’m taking it as advice.

I should put it on a sign and hang it up where I see it often.  We really should never let anger steal our joy away.  I think there are going to be things that make us angry but it’s when we hold on to them and bear grudges that last and last is where the problems tend to lie.   Letting go of hurts and anger is one of the best things we can do for ourselves and for others too.

Letting go of grudges and bitterness can make way for compassion, kindness and peace.  When we feel peaceful, we are happy.  So here at the end of this year,  I’m letting go of any grudges I’m still harboring and hoping to find a little compassion and understanding instead.  I don’t want any one or any thing trying to steal my joy.  Time is too short and life is too precious.

7 comments:

linda m said...

Sometimes letting go is very hard. Blessings

jack69 said...

WE do must to be careful, the human likes to hold a grudge close and tightly. But when finally released does bring some peace in a troubled world.

Elizabeth said...

This is very true!

JeanJournal said...

My son Stevie came early this morning and he said he had to tell me something and he said "Ginger died last night." Please keep us all in your prayers.~~Almost 8 years ago, on March 18,2006, my husband and I went out to eat and we brought the food home and ate supper~~
He said to me that he didn't feel well and was gonna lay down and might go get some medicine and I washed a few dishes and went to check on him and he was dead~~and now my son found his wife dead~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun JeanJournal~~

JeanJournal said...

I HAVE A POEM ON A FRIENDS WEBSITE~~~THE ANSWER IS JESUS By Imogene(Jean)Owita Nabors Lewis ~~~All in my family just TRUST JESUS ALL THE TIME AND~~~IN TIMES LIKE THIS!!! Oh What A SAVUIOUR!!!~~~~~JeanJournal

TARYTERRE said...

These words ring true.

betty said...

I think I lost a lot of sixth seconds of happiness today, Ma. I needed to read your blog before I started work, LOL, and not after the end of the day. But I do like that saying and I think I need to tape it to my work desk :)

I think it is a wise idea to let go of grudges before entering the new year with them. I might have to do that myself!

betty