It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 28, Book 13


WORDS TO LIVE BY

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction and persevere in prayer.

These are truly words to live by and they mean just as much to me today, as they must have in the days they were spoken.

I am thankful for the gifts of hope, endurance and perseverance.  Because of them I have reason to be JOY filled every day.  

 Endurance is the patience which never gives up hope, never yields to despair or hatred. Patience is long suffering because it looks beyond the present difficulties and trials and sees the reward which comes to those who persevere with hope 

If I am having trouble being patient, it is a clue I have moved away from being kind and loving.  I should  never allow schedules, activities, or demands to convince me I have too little time to be the loving person I should and could be.

Nothing ever remains the same and it’s good to remember that - This too shall pass.

Just about the time I’m ready to give up all hope, I find changes happening all around me.  Sometimes the waiting seems to go on and on forever, but our dear Lord has no problems, only plans.  All is in control, even when we think we are living in utter chaos.

As 2013 draws to a close, it’s time for me to renew my perspective about my life and rejoice in each day.



7 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

jack69 said...

You said:
If I am having trouble being patient, it is a clue I have moved away from being kind and loving. I should never allow schedules, activities, or demands to convince me I have too little time to be the loving person I should and could be.
*****************************
I liked that and it deserved repeating. THANKS Good entry.

linda m said...

I have a lot of trouble in the "patience" department lately. Thank you for a great reminder of where my priorities should be.

TARYTERRE said...

I like that... no problems, only plans.

Chatty Crone said...

Endurance - that is a tricky word for me. Does it mean days, months, years or what?

betty said...

I think you defined endurance and patience very well, Ma, and I liked your statement if you aren't being patient then it is time to reevaluate your life; I need to remember that! I also like no problems, just plans; that's another great thing to think about!

betty

JeanJournal said...

AHH~~~Ma~~~Wonderful words~~~Beautiful words~~~OF LIFE~~~THANKS~~~JeanJournal